Friday 20 July 2012

Junior Master Dessert Chef

During the week I received this email from a friend, Jane.

Hi Anne, Here is an artwork I did in 1999 called “Golden Circle Pineapple Pieces” 40 x 30 cm made from bits of metal found at Cobar, NSW, and some gold leaf. I have always liked the very first pieces I did with Cobar metal, because they’re so simple and have a Japanese feel. And I have always thought that this was one of the best names I have EVER thought of for an artwork.

Here is a recipe of Mum’s - she doesn't know where she got it or if she made it up, and in fact doesn't remember making it. I bet she made it up herself. So, I will embellish.
June's Pineapple Pieces Pudding
Ingredients: Pots and pots of whipped cream, pots and pots of Golden Circle Pineapple Pieces, pots and pots of marshmallows.
Method: Throw them all together in a large bowl. Serve in individual bowls and all will be gobbled up immediately. 
Well, that's it, Jane.
To help me create this dessert I enlisted three friends Pascal, Raffaellu and Angelica.










The junior chefs’ responses to this treat were "delicious", "it would make a lovely summer dessert", "tasty", "I give it a big tick", "the pineapple was my favourite flavour" and "we even had it for breakfast" !!!

1 comment:

  1. Impressive chefs!
    I hear this was most delicious, I don't know about having it for brekky though....

    ReplyDelete