Saturday 17 November 2012

Anyone for a "Pineapple Lump"?

Blogger, Kylie of “Lucy Violet Vintage” fame, recently sent us a surprise package of pineapple treats – the fabulous wooden bowls pictured below and these tasty (original) “Pineapple Lumps” a chocolate coated product of New Zealand! Apparently they originated in 1935! Thanks Kylie!


 
By strange coincidence I came across these “Pineapple Things”, also a product of New Zealand, in a general store I was recently visiting. They both proclaim to contain about 4% pineapple juice concentrate. Our verdict = both tasted quite like bubble gum!

Pick the difference?
I will give a prize to anyone who can come up with a more enticing name for a lump/thing of pineapple candy coated in milk chocolate! Anne.

2 comments:

  1. At Easter in the supermarket I bought some Pascall's Pineapple Lumps Marshmallow Eggs, which, as the name suggests, were your "lumps", as above but half-egg shaped. I don't like marshmallow very much, but I had to try them: they tasted very artificially pineapple and were super sweet. It was a weird thing to make into an Easter product, I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first (and last!) taste of Pineapple Lumps came courtesy of a blogger friend from N.Z. They do taste like bubble gum - you're spot on Anne. Uninspiring name, nice bowls though (ha!)

    ReplyDelete